Flourless peanut butter cookies are crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and filled with peanut butter flavor. The dough is made without flour and requires no chilling time – cookies are ready in less than 30 minutes.
Have a sudden hankering for cookies? This is your new go-to cookie recipe. From mixing to baking, you’ll have cookies ready in less than thirty minutes. That means you can make homemade, fresh baked cookies the next time your sweet tooth strikes.
You’re going to love my recipe for flourless peanut butter cookies because not only are they delicious, they’re incredibly easy to make! I’ve dressed up the classic “3 ingredient peanut butter cookies” recipe to make an even chewier, more flavorful cookie.
If you’ve done some baking, you’ve probably seen that classic three ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe before. The classic recipe involves 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 large egg. It’s incredibly simple, and does produce a decent peanut butter cookie with a handful of ingredients and little effort.
I wanted to spruce up the recipe a bit, while still keeping the cookies flourless. Peanut butter cookies without flour can be just as chewy, soft, and sweet as a regular cookie.
First, I adjusted the sugar in my recipe. I think the original recipe turns out a bit too sweet.
I also used a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar, instead of all granulated. This produces a soft, chewy cookie, instead of a crunchy cookie.
Then, I added vanilla extract and salt for additional depth of flavor. Lastly, I added baking soda, which will help keep the cookies soft and chewy, while adding lift.
If you do any baking regularly, you should have these extra three ingredients on hand in your pantry. These additions make a world of difference, and you’ll love the results.
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Want to add some mix-ins to your peanut butter cookies? This peanut butter cookie dough is the perfect base for your chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or chopped nuts.
I’d start with 1/2 cup of mix-ins and go from there. Or, try drizzling melted chocolate on top of your chocolate chips before serving. You could also dip one half of your cookie into melted chocolate for a beautiful presentation.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract until combined. Add baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough using a 1.5 tablespoon scoop or shape by hand into 1.5 inch balls. Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press a fork into the balls, creating a crosshatch pattern. (optionally, sprinkle granulated sugar or salt on top before baking)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
More cookie recipes
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Dutch Cocoa Cookies
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies