Flourless peanut butter cookies are crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and filled with peanut butter flavor. The dough is made without flour and requires no chilling time – cookies are ready in less than 30 minutes.
From mixing to baking, you’ll have cookies in less than thirty minutes with this simple recipe!
You’re going to love these flourless peanut butter cookies because not only are they delicious, they’re incredibly easy to make! Plus, they’re gluten free – you won’t even realize the flour is missing.
I’ve dressed up the classic “3 ingredient peanut butter cookies” recipe to make an even chewier, more flavorful cookie.
Classic 3-ingredient recipe
If you’ve done some baking, you’ve probably seen the classic 3-ingredient recipe before.
This recipe involves 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 large egg. It’s incredibly simple and produces a decent peanut butter cookie with a handful of ingredients and little effort.
I wanted to spruce up the recipe a bit, while keeping the cookies flourless.
First, I adjusted the sugar in my recipe – I use less because I found the originals to be too sweet. I also used a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar, instead of all granulated. This produces a softer, less crunchy cookie.
Then, I added vanilla extract and salt for additional depth of flavor. Lastly, I added baking soda, which will help keep the cookies soft and chewy, while adding lift.
Want to add some mix-ins to your peanut butter cookies? This peanut butter cookie dough is the perfect base for your chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or chopped nuts.
I’d start with 1/2 cup of mix-ins and go from there. Or, try drizzling melted chocolate on top of your chocolate chips before serving. You could also dip one half of your cookie into melted chocolate for a beautiful presentation.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. (I do not recommend using a greased baking sheet for this recipe - the cookies will spread too much.)
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract until combined. Add baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough using a 1.5 tablespoon scoop or shape by hand into 1.5 inch balls. Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press a fork into the balls, creating a crosshatch pattern. (optionally, sprinkle granulated sugar or salt on top before baking)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your cookies will keep for 5-7 days in a sealed container. To help keep cookies fresh, you can place a slice of bread in the container with the cookies. Replace the bread slice as needed.
- You can keep raw cookie dough in the refrigerator for 3 days. Cookie dough balls (and baked cookies) freeze well, up to 3 months in a sealed plastic container or freezer bag. Allow frozen balls to thaw for up to 10 minutes on the baking sheet before baking, or add 1-2 minutes to the baking time.