This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup is an easy, one-pot recipe that’s ready in just 30 minutes. A warm, creamy soup is filled with mushrooms, celery, carrots, and chicken. Perfect for a cold winter day.
Winter is coming. That means it’s time for flavorful and filling soup recipes. There’s nothing better than staying inside on a cold day with a warm, comforting meal. My creamy chicken mushroom soup is filled with flavor, and it’s ready in just 30 minutes. You’ll love this soup because it’s filled with nutritious ingredients like mushroom, celery, carrots, onions, and chicken. This recipe is quick, easy, and the entire family will love it.
One-pan meals are a favorite of mine. After a full day of work, the last thing you want to do is spent all night dirtying the kitchen for a home cooked meal. You can make this creamy chicken mushroom soup in a single stock pot, making cleanup a breeze. Bonus – all you need are simple, easy to find ingredients to make this flavorful soup.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 12 ounces chicken breasts cubed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a stock pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter. Add cubed chicken to pot. Brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, onions, carrots, and celery to pan. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then add mushrooms and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until onions turn translucent and vegetables begin to soften and brown. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add flour to vegetables, stir to coat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add cooked chicken, chicken broth, and half & half. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through and thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Optionally, top with parsley just before serving.
Last Updated on