Love chocolate chip cookies but pressed for time? Skip the chilling and scooping, make a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars instead. These soft and chewy cookie bars are filled with melty chocolate chips and are ready in less than an hour.
If you’ve been around a while, you know that I love a good cookie recipe. Take for example, my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies or my Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies. But let me tell you something. When you’re pressed for time, or don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen, a bar recipe is the absolute best. These chewy and sweet chocolate chip cookie bars are ready in less than an hour, and they’re a definite crowd pleaser.
For this recipe, I use my standard chocolate chip cookie dough. The only difference? There’s no need to chill your dough, and it’s all pressed into a single 9×13 baking pan. There’s no waiting, scooping individual cookies onto a sheet pan, and baking 12 at a time. Less than 30 minutes in the oven and the entire batch is ready to cool.
Want to mix things up? Add your favorite cookie mix-ins. White chocolate chips, sprinkles, walnuts, pecans. The options are endless.
Want your bars to look like the photos? Reserve 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top after you’ve pressed your dough into the pan.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for a full 3 minutes, mixture will look fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually stir dry ingredients into butter mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Scoop dough into 9x13 pan and use a spatula to spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 24-27 minutes, or until sides and top are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing and serving.