Ready in just 30 minutes, this Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet Meal comes together in a single pan. Ground beef, pasta, bell peppers, and onions are coated in a creamy cheese sauce.
Cheesesteaks are a fan favorite here at The Toasty Kitchen. First, I came out with my Best Ever Philly Cheesesteak. Then, I added a more cost-conscious version, my Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes. These two recipes are continually my most viewed recipes.
Naturally, I had to make my own skillet meal version. You’re going to love this recipe for cheesesteak pasta skillet meal because it’s quick, easy, ready in 30 minutes, and made in a single pan.
The most important part? This skillet meal is absolutely delicious, cheesy, and filled with flavor. It might just be my new favorite weeknight meal.
One Pan Meals
Looking for even more pasta skillet meals? I’ve got plenty. Try my other recipes: Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal, Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Skillet Meal, Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Meal, and Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Orzo Skillet Meal.
This skillet meal starts off very similarly to my most popular recipe – Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes. First, you will brown your meat, onions, and bell peppers. Next, you’ll add your broth, water, and pasta directly in the pan with your meat and veggies.
This is the great part about skillet meals – they come together in a single pan. Less time spent in the kitchen and more time to spend doing other things you enjoy.
Easy Pasta Recipe
The great thing about pasta skillet meals is that you can cook your meat, vegetables, and pasta all in a single pan. When your pasta cooks in the beef broth and water, starch is released. This starch helps to thicken your cheese sauce, so there’s no need for an additional thickener like flour or cornstarch.
Once your pasta is ready, most of the liquid will have been absorbed. This liquid, combined with the heavy cream and melted monterey jack cheese, will create a creamy, cheesy sauce
Simply add your cream and cheese and stir until melted and combined. Allow your skillet meal to sit for five minutes for the sauce to thicken.
I used a cavatappi pasta for my skillet meal, but you’re welcome to use any pasta you have on hand. Other good choices would be elbow macaroni, farfalle (bow ties), shells, or penne. Any medium sized pasta should do the trick.
Cheesesteak Pasta Skillet Meal
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cavatappi pasta uncooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese shredded*
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter. When melted, crumble ground beef, onion, and bell pepper to pan. Allow to brown, undisturbed, until you see brown, crisp edges on the ground beef. Flip over and redistribute, allowing the other side to brown.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add worchestershire sauce, beef broth, water, and pasta to pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 11 minutes (or to "al dente" according to your pasta's package directions).
- Remove lid. Most of liquid should be absorbed. Add heavy cream and shredded cheese to pan. Stir until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and allow to set for five minutes for sauce to thicken.