My Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Cavatappi pasta and spinach are coated in a flavorful Parmesan cream sauce, which is topped with Cajun seasoned chicken breasts. The best part is this meal comes together in just 30 minutes in a single pan.
You’re going to love this recipe for Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal. This dish is one of my new favorites when I’m looking for an easy weeknight meal. First, the chicken is ridiculously easy to prepare. You’ll only need a few herbs and spices to create a flavorful Cajun seasoning. Second, the pasta is boiled in the same pan, which saves you time and cleanup afterward!
The seasoning in this dish is very minimal. Beyond the Cajun seasoning on the chicken, I simply added a dash of pepper to the sauce. Because you’re using chicken broth, which already has salt in it, you won’t need to add additional salt. However, if you’re using low or no sodium broth, you may need to do a taste test and and salt and pepper as needed.
My love for one pan meals is unparalleled. There is nothing worse than having a kitchen full of dishes to clean after you’ve just finished enjoying your meal. That’s why I’m turning my focus to creating more one pan meals for the blog. Who doesn’t love a flavorful meal with an easy cleanup? I know I do! What is your favorite weeknight meal?
Cajun Chicken and Spinach Parmesan Pasta Skillet Meal
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 and 1/2 cups cavatappi pasta uncooked
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups spinach
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1 inch in thickness. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan. When heated, add chicken breasts and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
- Add diced onion to pan and cook until translucent. Then add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, water, and pasta to pan. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes (or according to your pasta's package directions). Most of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Remove lid and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and allow cheese to melt, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add spinach and stir to incorporate. Allow pan to set for 3-4 minutes to allow spinach to wilt and sauce to thicken. Meanwhile, slice chicken into thin strips.
- Chicken can be stirred into dish or served on top of pasta. Optionally, top with more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.