S'mores cones are a fun dessert recipe for all ages! Waffle cones are filled with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, then toasted over a campfire or grill until melted and gooey.
Looking for a fun alternative to the classic s'mores campfire treat? Kids and adults alike will love these s'mores cones.
S'mores cones are made by filling waffle cones with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, then warming over a grill (or campfire) until melted and gooey. They're also easy to customize with other ingredients like peanut butter, fresh fruit, and crumbled cookies.
It's a great way to enjoy s'mores, but contained in an ice cream cone! That means less sticky fingers and no supervising marshmallow sticks over a fire.
Serve s'mores cones around your next backyard bonfire, on your next camping trip, or after your next summer grilling session.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Mini marshmallows - Small marshmallows work best for this recipe. If you can only find regular marshmallows, try cutting them into smaller pieces to fit them easily into your cones.
- Chocolate chips - Use any type of chocolate chips you enjoy most. Semi-sweet chocolate chips are my go-to, but milk chocolate, white chocolate, and peanut butter chips are all great alternatives.
- Waffle cones - Grab a box of twelve waffle cones from your local grocer for this recipe. Waffle cones are bigger than other types of cones, like sugar cones or cake cones, so they'll have more space for your filling. The angled edge also helps contain the filling inside the cone while they're cooking.
S'mores cones are easy to customize with optional mix-ins. For our cones, we also tried peanut butter and mini oreo cookies (both were a hit!). Here are some more ideas:
- Peanut butter
- Oreo cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Graham cracker pieces
- Teddy grahams
- M&M's candies
- Mini Reese's cups
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh banana slices
- Shredded coconut
Making s'mores cones in the oven
Don't have a grill or campfire, but want to make s'mores cones at home? No problem! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, assemble your s'mores cones, and place the foil-wrapped cones on a baking sheet.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until melted and gooey inside.
- 12 waffle cones
- 10.5 ounces mini marshmallows
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- If using a grill, preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 375 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill waffle cones with alternating layers of mini marshmallows and chocolate chips (plus any other mix-ins you'd like to add). Gently wrap each cone in foil.
- Place wrapped cones on grill grates, or at the edge of a hot campfire. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until melted and gooey inside. Carefully remove from grill/campfire with tongs, allow to rest for 1 minute, then carefully unwrap and enjoy (contents will be hot!).
- Try optional mix-ins like peanut butter, oreo cookies, nuts, and fresh fruit.
- Oven directions: preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Assemble cones, wrap in foil, and place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until melted and gooey inside.
Leave a Reply