One Pot Beef Tortellini Soup is hearty and flavorful – perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Tomato soup is filled with ground beef and cheese tortellini, and comes together in a single pot.
I love a good soup recipe. Even better if it’s made in a single pot. I’m all about less mess in the kitchen. Take for example my Corn Chowder with Andouille Sausage – another one pot soup that’s fantastic and flavorful.
My one pot beef tortellini soup can’t be easier to make. Plus, it’s filled to the brim with flavor – all from simple herbs and spices in the kitchen.
One pan meals are a favorite of mine. Who likes dirtying multiple dishes for a single meal? If possible, I try to consolidate down to as few pans as possible. That’s what I did with this soup recipe today. You’ll love it because not only is there hardly any cleanup, it’s so tasty! You’ll want to add this to your weekly dinner lineup, especially in the colder months.
One step in this recipe helps to add a ton of flavor to your soup. When cooking your ground beef, let it sit in the pan undisturbed long enough to brown and caramelize. Browning your beef will add tons of flavor without adding any extra ingredients to your recipe. Your ground beef shouldn’t be grey and uniform in color. Sear your beef and it will have a caramelized, rich brown color. That’s what I call flavor.
Simply add your beef to the pan and distribute evenly into a single layer. Allow the beef to cook for several minutes undisturbed. No need to poke and shift it around in the pan, unless you are breaking up larger pieces. When using a stainless steel pan, you’ll know the beef is ready when it lifts easily from the pan. If it sticks, that’s because it’s not ready or the heat is too high.
Love pasta and ground beef meals? You may like my Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet Meal. This recipe makes a quick and easy weeknight meal that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Bonus – it’s also made in a single pan!
One Pot Beef Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 28 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9-10 ounce package cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a stock pot over medium heat, olive oil. Once heated, add ground beef., then season with salt and pepper. Distribute into an even layer and allow to brown, undisturbed, until you see brown, crisp edges. Flip over and redistribute, allowing the other side to brown.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside. Add diced onion to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until onion begins to turn translucent. Add garlic, stir, and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add tomato paste to onions and garlic, stirring to coat. Then, add beef broth, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, tortellini, and ground beef to pan. Stir to fully combine.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until tortellini are cooked through (according to your package directions).
- Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, and top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.