Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots are an easy stove-top side dish, ready in just ten minutes. Cooked carrots are coated in a honey glaze and tossed with toasted sesame seeds.
You're going to love this recipe for honey glazed sesame carrots because it's quick, easy, and full of flavor.
Only six ingredients are needed for this recipe, including salt and pepper. Plus, these glazed carrots make the perfect weeknight side dish because they're ready in ten minutes or less.
Seasoned with salt and pepper, these carrots get added sweetness from the honey glaze. The toasted sesame seeds add a nutty flavor and crunch.
Ingredients and substitutions
Carrots can be substituted with parsnips. If you have any very large carrot pieces, slice those in half to cut down on cooking time.
This recipe can also be made with baby carrots.
Honey can be substituted with maple syrup or brown sugar.
Sesame seeds can be omitted, but add a nice texture and crunch to the finished recipe. I highly recommend giving them a try!
Want to substitute the honey in this recipe? Try using brown sugar or maple syrup instead.
I have not tested this recipe with any sugar substitutes. If you do give it a try, let us know how it goes in the comments below!
What to serve with honey glazed carrots
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Garlic & Herb Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Marmalade Glazed Ham
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots
- 16 ounces carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel carrots. Slice carrots into coins, cutting any very large pieces in half.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add carrots, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are lightly browned and almost cooked through.
- Add honey and toasted sesame seeds to pan. Stir to coat carrots. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly and carrots can be easily pierced through with a fork. Remove from heat and serve.