This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m always looking for a quick side dish to pair with my weeknight dinners. My Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots can’t be easier. They’re made on the stove top and take only 10 minutes to prepare. Toasted sesame seeds bring a nutty flavor and crunch to the slightly sweet carrots. Taking them over the top is the simple honey glaze.
If you have a picky eater in your household, this recipe may help them eat their carrots. To me they’re almost like dessert, with a sticky honey glaze coating each carrot. Yum! It’s amazing how far one tablespoon of honey will go in this recipe. It brings a perfect amount of sweetness but only a few extra calories. The honey glaze also helps your sesame seeds stick to the carrot sticks.
If you don’t have honey on hand, you can also try using a tablespoon of brown sugar or even maple syrup, although this will change your flavor slightly. If using brown sugar, you may need to add a small amount of water to the pan to dissolve the sugar. Try adding a teaspoon at a time until you get the consistency you like.
Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots
- 16 ounces carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel carrots. Cut in half crosswise, then either halve or quarter your carrots into sticks so that they are all about the same thickness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add carrot sticks, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are lightly browned and almost cooked through.
- Add honey and toasted sesame seeds to pan. Stir to coat carrots. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, sauce should thicken slightly and carrots should be cooked through. Remove from heat and serve.