Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots are an easy stove-top side dish, ready in just ten minutes. Cooked carrots are coated in a honey glaze and tossed with toasted sesame seeds.
You’re going to love this recipe for honey glazed sesame carrots because it’s quick, easy, and full of flavor.
Only six ingredients are needed for this recipe, including salt and pepper. Plus, these glazed carrots make the perfect weeknight side dish because they’re ready in ten minutes or less.
Seasoned with salt and pepper, these carrots get added sweetness from the honey glaze. The toasted sesame seeds add a nutty flavor and crunch.
First, gather your ingredients.
For this recipe, you’ll need one pound of carrots, salt, pepper, olive oil, honey, and sesame seeds.
First, peel and slice your carrots into discs. If you have any very large carrot pieces, slice those in half to cut down on cooking time.
Next, add your olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add your carrots, salt, and pepper, then stir to coat.
Allow your carrots to cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until they can be pierced through with a fork.
Next, add your honey and sesame seeds and toss your carrots to coat. Allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until glaze has thickened slightly.
Want to substitute the honey in this recipe? Try using brown sugar or maple syrup instead.
I have not tested this recipe with any sugar substitutes. If you do give it a try, let us know how it goes in the comments below!
More easy side dish recipes
- Green Beans and Onions
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic
- Parmesan and Red Pepper Roasted Broccoli
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Ranch Roasted Potatoes
Honey Glazed Sesame Carrots
- 16 ounces carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Peel carrots. Slice carrots into coins, cutting any very large pieces in half.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add carrots, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are lightly browned and almost cooked through.
- Add honey and toasted sesame seeds to pan. Stir to coat carrots. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly and carrots can be easily pierced through with a fork. Remove from heat and serve.