This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Ham Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Waffles are the perfect all-in-one breakfast. Shredded hash browns, ham, eggs, and cheese are cooked in a waffle iron, making a fun, savory breakfast.
Gone are the days of dirtying multiple pans first thing in the morning. The waffle iron produces extra crispy and cheesy hash brown surface area. At the same time it steams the hash browns to cook them quickly.
Plus, no extra pans! If you’re a fan of cheesy potatoes and ham, this recipe is for you.
This recipe began as a way to use up extra ham. I found out that hash brown waffles are quite receptive to leftover mix-ins! You’ll love this recipe because you can toss in any diced up protein you have on hand. Give it a try with turkey, sausage, or ground beef.
I love these hash brown waffles because they turned out extra crispy, which I have a hard time achieving with pan fried hash browns. With the addition of onions, cheese, and ham, they turned into a magical waffle made from all my favorite breakfast foods.
The eggs make a great binder in the waffles. If you or a family member aren’t a fan of eggs, I honestly couldn’t taste them in the recipe. I used just enough eggs to bind the hash browns without making an “egg waffle”.
When you’re pressing your hash browns into the waffle iron, don’t be afraid to use a little pressure. They’ll need a little squishing to form into a waffle shape.
Speaking of waffle makers, I made these in my Oster Belgian Waffle Maker*, so please consider this when following the recipe. A one-cup scoop may not fit into your waffle iron, or may be too little. Adjust the recipe as necessary according to your waffle iron size and shape.
Did you try making hash brown waffles? What did you add to yours and how did you like it?
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Hash Brown Waffles
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 8 ounces ham diced
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients, stirring to fully combine.
- Scoop 1 cup of mixture onto the middle of the preheated waffle iron. Cook until potatoes are crispy and golden, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from waffle iron and repeat with remaining mixture. Serve immediately.
Last Updated on