Andouille Sausage and Tortellini Skillet Meal is a quick and easy 30 minute, one pan meal. Andouille sausage and cheese tortellini are coated in a cheesy tomato sauce and topped with chives.
Skillet meals are my favorite for busy weeknights. You’re done with work, finally home, and not in the mood to cook. I totally understand.
You’ll love my andouille sausage and tortellini skillet meal because it requires only a few ingredients and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Not to mention this dish is cooked in literally one single pan. Minimal mess means less time spent cleaning, and more time for more important tasks.
Andouille sausage, if you’ve never had it before, is a hot sausage that adds a ton of flavor to this dish. It pairs perfectly with the cheese tortellini and cheddar cheese sauce.
If you are not a fan of spicy or hot sausage, feel free to substitute with your favorite sausage. The great part about this recipe is that it can be easily altered to suit your tastes.
Looking to add more green into your dinners? Stir in a handful of spinach before your add your cheddar cheese.
Pasta Skillet Meals
There is something magical about pasta skillet meals. First of all, you don’t need any sort of thickener, like flour or cornstarch, to make your sauce.
Because your pasta is boiled in the same pan, it releases starch into the liquid in the pan, which helps to thicken the sauce. No extra ingredients required!
I absolutely love pasta skillet meals. They are comforting and perfect to make on a busy weeknight when you’re exhausted. Check out a few of my other pasta skillet meals:
Andouille Sausage and Tortellini Skillet Meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 14.5 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once heated, add sliced andouille sausage and onions and cook until sausage is browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and tortellini. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce to medium-low heat. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until tortellini are cooked through. Most of the liquid should be absorbed in this step.
- Reduce heat to low. Add heavy cream and stir to incorporate. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cheddar cheese, stir, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it rests.