Today it seems like everyone’s lives are busy and bustling. There’s always something to get done and somewhere to be. So I won’t waste your time today when I share with you my Andouille Sausage and Tortellini Skillet Meal. The spicy sausage is the star of the show, which balances well with the creamy cheese and tomato sauce. The best part? You can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Life can be overwhelming sometimes. You know those nights when you don’t feel like cooking, but can’t imagine leaving the house again? On those nights, this meal saves the day. It’s so easy and takes very little prep work. You’ll love that it is all prepared in a single pan, so there’s no transferring ingredients or dirtying extra dishes.
If you are not a fan of spicy or hot sausage, feel free to substitute with your favorite sausage. The great part about this recipe is that it can be easily altered to suit your tastes. Looking to add more green into your dinners? Stir in a handful of spinach before your add your cheddar cheese.
Andouille Sausage and Tortellini Skillet Meal
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces andouille sausage sliced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once heated, add sliced andouille sausage and onions and cook until sausage is browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and tortellini. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce to medium-low heat. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until tortellini are cooked through. Most of the liquid should be absorbed in this step. If not, feel free to remove some liquid from the pan. Leave just enough to make a sauce in the next step.
- Reduce heat to low. Slice cream cheese into chunks and add to tortellini mixture. Stir mixture until cream cheese is melted and combined.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.