Everything’s better with bacon, right? That’s my theory when it comes to my Bacon and Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes. These potatoes are a real indulgence, with plenty of bacon and garlic infused butter flavor. Pair this with your favorite protein – chicken, steak, or even a classic meatloaf.
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. It’s a fantastic comfort food because it’s hearty, filling, and reminiscent of family dinners and holidays. These potatoes pair all of my favorite flavors together – bacon, garlic, and butter. Plus, they are very easy to make!
I like my mashed potatoes a little “rustic” and thicker, but feel free to make yours to suit your tastes. Add more milk as needed to thin out your potatoes.
Bacon and Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes russet or yukon gold recommended
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon pan fried and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water and a dash of salt. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes fall apart when pierced with a fork. Drain well.
- Return empty pan to stove and over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Add milk and potatoes to pan. Using a potato masher or an electric mixer, slowly blend potatoes and butter mixture together until incorporated and no lumps remain. Add more milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in chopped bacon and add salt and pepper to taste.