This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Everything’s better with bacon, right? That’s my theory when it comes to my Bacon and Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes. These potatoes are a real indulgence, with plenty of bacon and garlic infused butter flavor. Pair this with your favorite protein – chicken, steak, or even a classic meatloaf.
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. It’s a fantastic comfort food because it’s hearty, filling, and reminiscent of family dinners and holidays. These potatoes pair all of my favorite flavors together – bacon, garlic, and butter. Plus, they are very easy to make!
I like my mashed potatoes a little “rustic” and thicker, but feel free to make yours to suit your tastes. Add more milk as needed to thin out your potatoes.
Bacon and Garlic Butter Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds potatoes russet or yukon gold recommended
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon pan fried and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water and a dash of salt. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes fall apart when pierced with a fork. Drain well.
- Return empty pan to stove and over medium heat, add butter. Once melted, add garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat.
- Add milk and potatoes to pan. Using a potato masher or an electric mixer, slowly blend potatoes and butter mixture together until incorporated and no lumps remain. Add more milk as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in chopped bacon and add salt and pepper to taste.
Last Updated on