Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Blondies are rich, buttery dessert bars. This sweet treat is filled with white chocolate chips and freshly toasted coconut.
Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Blondies are a decadent and sweet dessert bar. Similar to a brownie (minus the chocolate), these sweet bars are filled with white chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
They’re buttery, rich, dense, and sweet. Any sweet tooth you know will enjoy these blondies! The best part? They come together in a single mixing bowl, making kitchen cleanup a breeze.
What is a blondie?
What exactly is a blondie? It is essentially a brownie, minus the cocoa.
Brown sugar is generally used instead of granulated sugar, which gives these bars a rich, caramel flavor and warm blonde hue.
Toasting your coconut
Toasting your shredded coconut is a surprisingly quick and easy step. After preheating your oven for the blondies, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread your coconut into a thin layer and bake for 5-7 minutes. I like to check halfway through and stir so the coconut browns evenly. You’ll notice that the edges will brown first. Give your coconut a stir when you notice the edges browning.
Meanwhile, mix the rest of your ingredients together for your blondies. By the time your coconut is done, you can toss it directly into the batter.
Customizing your blondies
Feel free to replace the toasted coconut and white chocolate chips in this recipe with your favorite mix-ins.
I suggest chopped pecans or walnuts, butterscotch chips, or chocolate chips.
Toasted Coconut White Chocolate Blondies
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 square baking pan or line with parchment and set aside. If lining pan, leave some hanging over the edges to easily pull brownies from the pan once cooled.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread shredded coconut in a thin layer. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add flour and salt and stir until fully combined. Add white chocolate chips and toasted coconut, stirring until just incorporated.
- Pour into 8x8 pan and use a spatula to spread evenly to the edges. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, then test with a toothpick for doneness. Insert toothpick into the center of the pan. If toothpick comes out with wet batter, the blondies are not done. Continue checking every 2 minutes. If toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, then the blondies are done.
- Place blondies onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.