This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Sautéed Garlic Butter Shrimp is a quick and flavorful entrée that will be on the table in less than 15 minutes. Shrimp are sautéed in a buttery garlic sauce and finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
You’re going to love my recipe for Sautéed Garlic Butter Shrimp. These garlicky, buttery shrimp only take 15 minutes (or less!) to prepare. Best of all, they are absolutely delicious and full of flavor.
On a busy weeknight, I love to make shrimp. They are surprisingly simple to prepare because they only take a few minutes to cook. Pair with a salad for a complete and healthy meal.
My Sautéed Garlic Butter Shrimp would be the perfect addition to my recipe for Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. Both are extremely simple recipes with minimal ingredients, and take no time at all to come together.
To make this recipe even easier, buy a bag of fresh frozen shrimp from your local grocer. Look for shrimp that are peeled and deveined, unless you like to do the extra work yourself.
Frozen shrimp will thaw in just a few minutes if you’ve pulled them straight from the freezer. Simply place in a strainer in the sink and run warm water over your shrimp. After a few minutes, they’ll be ready to cook.
I buy large size shrimp for this recipe, but feel free to use what you have on hand. Note that your cooking times may vary with different sized shrimp.
The best indicator of a fully cooked shrimp is that the shrimp will curl up and turn an opaque white. Cooking shrimp this way will only take about 4-5 minutes to cook through, so keep an eye on them.
Sautéed Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, add butter. Once melted and hot, add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip.
- Cook for 1 more minute, then add minced garlic, stirring to combine. Cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lemon over shrimp and add fresh parsley. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Last Updated on