Everything bagel cheese ball is an easy appetizer recipe that's perfect for your next holiday gathering. This flavorful cheese ball is made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and everything bagel seasoning.
The cheese ball is a classic cold appetizer that's perfect for your next family or holiday gathering. Set a cheese ball out with crackers and vegetables for an easy self-serve snack.
This everything bagel cheese ball is a flavorful crowd favorite. It's made with cream cheese, two types of shredded cheese, worcestershire sauce, and - of course - everything bagel seasoning.
Everything bagel seasoning and cream cheese are the perfect pairing. Filled with sesame seeds, salt, poppy seeds, onion, and garlic - this popular seasoning adds tons of flavor and crunch.
Serve as an appetizer for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve, or your next Sunday football party. Any time of year is perfect for a cheese ball!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Cream cheese - Regular or light block-style cream cheese will work in this recipe.
- Worcestershire sauce - If you can't use worcestershire sauce due to allergies, soy sauce or balsamic vinegar would make an adequate substitution.
- Cheeses - I like to use the combination of sharp cheddar and parmesan cheeses, but you are welcome to substitute with similar cheeses you have on hand. Monterey jack, swiss, or mozzarella will also work.
- Everything bagel seasoning - Store bought or homemade everything bagel seasoning can be used for this recipe.
What is everything bagel seasoning?
The "everything bagel" is a popular type of bagel that varies based on where you buy it. An everything bagel starts with a regular bagel as the base, but is topped with a variety of savory toppings.
Everything bagel seasoning generally includes poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, onion flakes, and garlic flakes.
The overall flavor is salty and savory. A few common uses for everything bagel seasoning? Sprinkling on avocado toast, adding to bread dough before baking, and topping a salad.
Can I make my cheese ball ahead of time?
Yes! Your cheese ball can be made and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week ahead of time.
If you're planning on storing your cheese ball for more than a day, I recommend leaving off the everything bagel seasoning until just before serving. Over time, it will lose its crunchy texture in the refrigerator.
When you're ready to serve your cheese ball, I recommend allowing it to set at room temperature for about 15 minutes. This will allow your cheese ball to soften slightly, making it easier for guests to enjoy.
What to serve with your cheese ball
There are many ways to enjoy a cheese ball. Here are a few of my favorites:
- fresh vegetables: carrots, celery, and bell pepper slices
- pretzel chips
- bagel chips
- apple slices
Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning divided
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sharp cheddar, parmesan, worcestershire sauce, and one tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning. Mash ingredients together until evenly incorporated.
- Form cheese mixture into a ball using plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning onto a plate. Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll in seasoning until evenly coated.
- Serve with crackers and sliced vegetables. Or, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cheese ball can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to one week before serving. Seal tightly in plastic wrap and place in a sealed container until ready to serve.
- If refrigerating cheese ball for more than 1 day, refrain from rolling in seasoning until day of serving.
- Remove cheese ball and allow to set at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving - this will make it easier for guests to spread onto crackers.