A hot and quick breakfast is easier than you think! Make an egg breakfast burrito in less than ten minutes. Eggs are scrambled with sautéed onions and peppers, then topped with melty cheese and salsa on a warm tortilla.
There's nothing better than a hot breakfast in the morning. Some days, there's too much going on and not enough time to make a hot homemade breakfast. Enter - the egg breakfast burrito. Ready in ten minutes or less!
Scrambled eggs are filled with sautéed onion and bell pepper, topped with melty cheese and salsa, then wrapped in a warm tortilla. Packed with flavor and filling enough to keep you going until lunch.
Make this easy breakfast burrito for a quick weekday morning breakfast (or lunch!). Easy to customize with your favorite salsa and cheeses. Or, try my freezer breakfast burritos for an easy meal prep option!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Eggs - You can also substitute with egg whites if desired. Use two egg whites for each whole egg substituted.
- Cheese - I used sharp cheddar, but any shredded cheese you have on hand will work.
- Salsa - Use your favorite salsa, from mild to hot.
- Olive oil - Can be substituted with unsalted butter.
- Tortilla - You'll need a 10-inch tortilla for this recipe.
- Onions and peppers - If you'd like to plan ahead and save time in the morning, dice up your onion and pepper the night beforehand and store in the refrigerator.
Can you refrigerate a breakfast burrito?
Yes, your assembled breakfast burrito can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in foil for 3 to 4 days. This is a great way to make a few at a time and reheat quickly in the morning!
How to reheat a breakfast burrito
Did you make a few breakfast burritos at a time, and have leftovers to reheat? Here are the best ways to reheat your burrito:
Stovetop - In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm for 3-4 minutes per side. The tortilla gets nice and toasty on the outside and warm on the inside.
Microwave - Microwaving is not the best option, but can work in a pinch. Wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for up to 1 minute, or until your burrito is warmed through.
Oven - You can also reheat your breakfast burrito in the oven (or a toaster oven) for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Easy Egg Breakfast Burrito
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onions
- 1 tablespoon finely diced bell pepper
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10-inch flour tortilla
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add diced onion and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are lightly browned and onions turn translucent - about 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together until combined. Pour eggs into skillet with veggies. As eggs begin to set on the bottom, pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula. This will form egg curds in the pan. Continue pulling and folding the eggs until no liquid remains. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Microwave your tortilla for about 10 seconds, or until warm. Top with shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, and salsa. Roll into a burrito and enjoy.
- To save time in the morning, dice onion and pepper ahead of time and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.