Make a batch of tortellini pasta salad for your next barbecue or summer get-together. This easy to make side dish is filled with cheese tortellini, fresh vegetables, and a homemade salad dressing.
You're going to love this tortellini pasta salad because it's a fun twist on the Classic Pasta Salad. The addition of tortellini takes this picnic side dish to a whole new level!
The combination of cheesy pasta with crisp, fresh vegetables is a match made in heaven.
My favorite part about this recipe? The homemade dressing. It's surprisingly simple to make and takes only a few ingredients.
For this recipe, I like to use my homemade Italian Seasoning. Haven't made your own seasoning blend before? It's easy and fun! Plus, you can customize your blends to suite your tastes.
If you don't want to make your own, grocery stores carry Italian seasoning blends in the spice section.
What type of pasta to use
For this recipe, I used 20 ounces of refrigerated cheese tortellini. You can also use frozen tortellini or another type of dried pasta.
If you're looking for a traditional pasta salad recipe, I recommend checking out my post for: Classic Pasta Salad (for a crowd)
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces olives sliced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until tortellini is room temperature. Place tortellini in a large bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, olives, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, and parmesan cheese to bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over pasta salad, then toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Pasta salad will keep for 3-4 days, refrigerated in a sealed container.
More salad recipes
- Classic Pasta Salad (for a crowd)
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Kale Cranberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Avocado Black Bean Salad
- Dill Potato Salad
- Southern Macaroni Salad