This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make a batch of Tortellini Pasta Salad for your next barbecue or summer get-together. This easy to make side dish is filled with cheese tortellini, fresh vegetables, and a homemade salad dressing.
You’re going to love this tortellini pasta salad because it’s a fun twist on the Classic Pasta Salad. The classic style is normally made with rotini or bow-ties. Tortellini takes this picnic side dish to a whole new level!
I used cheese filled tortellini for my pasta salad, but you can use any type you have on hand. I’ve also seen packaged multi-color tortellini at my local grocer, which would make a fantastic presentation.
Whatever type of tortellini you choose, this pasta salad is always a crowd pleaser. The combination of cheesy pasta with crisp, fresh vegetables is a match made in heaven.
My favorite part about this recipe? The homemade dressing. It’s surprisingly simple to make and takes only a few ingredients.
Plus, you’re not adding anything extra by using a bottled salad dressing, which likely has a mile-long list of ‘mystery ingredients’.
For this recipe, I like to use my homemade Italian Seasoning. Haven’t made your own seasoning blend before? It’s easy and fun! Plus, you can customize your blends to suite your tastes.
If you don’t want to make your own, grocery stores carry Italian seasoning blends in the spice section.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces olives sliced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until tortellini is room temperature. Place tortellini in a large bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, olives, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, and parmesan cheese to bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over pasta salad, then toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Pasta salad will keep for 3-4 days, refrigerated in a sealed container.
Last Updated on