Serve this fall party punch at your next family gathering, like Halloween, Thanksgiving, or a tailgating party - kids and adults alike will love it! Ginger ale, apple cider, and pineapple juice are all you need to make this refreshing and light non-alcoholic punch.
Fall party punch is the perfect beverage to serve at your next fall gathering. Light, fruity, and refreshing, it can be enjoyed by guests of all ages.
Ginger ale gives this punch a bubbly, spiced flavor that pairs well with seasonal apple cider and fruity pineapple juice. This punch is also easy to customize! Try playing with the ratios of each ingredient to make your own favorite punch flavor.
Halloween, Thanksgiving, football parties, or any fall gathering are the perfect occasion for this fall party punch. It can even be made year round - no need to wait for fall!
Ingredients and substitutions
- Ginger ale - Adds a lightly spiced, ginger flavor and carbonation to the punch.
- Apple cider - Apple cider is a fruit beverage that's available seasonally in the fall. It's made with apples and is essentially an unfiltered apple juice. If you can't find apple cider, it can be substituted with apple juice instead.
- Pineapple juice - Adds sweetness and fruity flavor.
Apple cider vs apple juice
What's the difference between apple juice and apple cider? They're both made with one ingredient - apples.
However, apple cider doesn't go through the filtration process that apple juice does, which removes extra pulp and particles. That is why apple cider has a cloudy appearance and apple juice is clear and crisp.
How much punch to serve at a party
How much punch will you need for your party? Here is a helpful article: How to Calculate Punch for a Party.
For a shorter event serving only cake, you may need as little as 4 to 8 ounces of punch per person.
For an event lasting several hours with appetizers and mingling, you may need up to 12 ounces of punch per person.
How to keep your punch cold
So you're serving your punch in a punch bowl. How do you keep it cold?
If you'd like to add ice to your punch bowl, I'd recommend adding just a few large ice cubes. A bunch of small ice cubes melt quickly and dilute your punch.
These large ice cube trays on Amazon could make a great addition to your punch bowl.
If you have a bundt cake pan on hand, fill it partially with water and freeze. This creates one large ice cube ring - the perfect size for a punch bowl.
Or, serve punch alongside a bucket of ice. Guests can add ice to their glasses as they please.
Can I add alcohol?
Yes, alcohol can be added to this punch. If you'd like to mix alcohol into the punch itself, I recommend adding up to 16 ounces of alcohol to one gallon of punch.
Or, add a shot of your favorite alcohol to each glass, then top with punch.
What alcohol pairs well with this fall party punch? Spiced rum is my favorite option, but clear rum or whiskey would also pair well.
Fall Party Punch
- 2 liters (1900 g) ginger ale
- 32 ounces (907 g) apple cider, or apple juice
- 32 ounces (907 g) pineapple juice
- In a punch bowl or gallon sized pitcher, add ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If not serving immediately, wait to add ginger ale to punch until just before serving. Otherwise, the ginger ale loses its carbonation.
- Add an ice ring (made in a bundt pan) or large ice cubes to punch bowl to keep cold for several hours while serving.
- Optionally, garnish punch bowl or glasses with sliced apples, cranberries, or orange slices.
- 2 liters of ginger ale = about 67 ounces