Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup is a hot and spicy version of a classic favorite, with cajun seasoning that adds extra flavor and warmth. This soup is filled vegetables, chicken, and egg noodles, and comes together in a single pot in just thirty minutes.
Cajun chicken noodle soup will be your new go-to favorite soup for winter. You’ll love this recipe because it’s ready in just 30 minutes or less. And, it’s filled with nutritious vegetables and flavor. It’s also made in a single pan, which minimizes kitchen mess and cleanup.
My Corn Chowder with Andouille Sausage is another hot and spicy favorite. They’re all made in a single pan in 30 minutes or less!
You can find cajun seasoning blends at your local grocery store. I like to make my own. Try my recipe for Cajun Seasoning, it’s surprisingly easy and fun to make your own blend.
I leave salt out of my seasoning blends for recipes just like this cajun chicken noodle soup. In case you’re making a recipe with chicken broth, which already has a good amount of sodium, you can add your spices without making the recipe too salty.
Are you concerned this recipe will be “too hot”? For me, this soup has a mild to medium level of heat. It’s not “take your head off spicy” but adds a nice amount of warm flavor to the dish.
If you’re looking for a truly hot chicken noodle soup, feel free to add more spices to taste. I used one teaspoon for four servings of soup, so try adding a quarter teaspoon at a time until it’s spicy enough for you.
Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup
- 16 ounces chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a stock pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and celery to pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth, water, egg noodles, and cajun seasoning to pot. Bring to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes (or according to your egg noodles package directions for 'al dente').
- Add chicken and fresh parsley to pot, stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.