Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup is a hot and spicy version of a classic favorite. This soup is filled vegetables, chicken, egg noodles, and cajun seasoning that adds flavor and warmth. Made in a single pot in 30 minutes.
Cajun chicken noodle soup will be your new favorite soup for winter. You’ll love this recipe because it’s ready in just 30 minutes or less. And, it’s filled with nutritious vegetables and flavor.
It’s also made in a single pan, which minimizes kitchen mess and cleanup.
Chunks of juicy chicken, egg noodles, and vegetables make this soup substantial and flavorful – perfect for a cold winter day or when you’re feeling under the weather. Cajun seasoning adds warmth and depth to this otherwise simple soup recipe.
Ingredients and substitutions
For this recipe, you’ll need 16 ounces of cubed chicken breasts. If desired, this can be substituted with cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken, or canned chicken.
If substituting with cooked chicken, skip the first step and continue with the remainder of the recipe.
Egg noodles can be substituted with any dried pasta you have on hand. Check your pasta’s cooking directions and adjust the recipe accordingly.
You can find cajun seasoning blends at your local grocery store. Or, try my recipe for Cajun Seasoning, it’s easy and satisfying to make your own from scratch.
Are you concerned this recipe will be “too hot”? This soup has a mild to medium level of heat. It’s not “take your head off spicy” but adds a nice amount of warm flavor to the dish.
If you’re looking for a truly hot chicken noodle soup, feel free to add more spices to taste. I used one teaspoon for four servings of soup. So, try adding a quarter teaspoon at a time until it’s spicy enough for you.
Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup
- 16 ounces chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups egg noodles uncooked
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a stock pot, add olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and celery to pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth, water, egg noodles, and cajun seasoning to pot. Bring to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes (or according to your egg noodles package directions for ‘al dente’).
- Add chicken and fresh parsley to pot, stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
- Chicken breasts can be substituted with cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Skip the first step of the recipe, add olive oil before the vegetables, and continue as written.
- Pasta will continue to absorb liquid as your soup sits, so this is best served the same day.