Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow made with white chocolate and cinnamon flavors, reminiscent of the classic Snickerdoodle cookie.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 4 cups chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
In a large bowl, add cereal. Set aside.
In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate chips for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for additional 30 second increments until chips are melted and smooth. Pour chocolate over cereal and stir carefully to fully cover but not break the cereal. Pour cereal mixture into a large gallon size plastic bag.
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and granulated sugar. Pour over cereal mixture, close bag, and shake to cover. Add powdered sugar to bag, close bag, and shake to evenly coat cereal.
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and pour cereal mixture into a single layer. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (or until chocolate has hardened). Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Using a plastic bag is optional, you can toss your cereal to coat in the original bowl you were using, or in a paper bag.
- Mixing in a bowl will be a bit messier, so I suggest using an apron and a large bowl in case the powdered sugar goes flying!
- Optional mix-ins. Try adding 1 cup of mix-ins for every 4 cups of cereal used: pretzels, m&m's candies, nuts, cookie pieces, mini marshmallows, or graham cracker pieces.
- For a large party, try doubling or tripling this recipe.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 10mg