Maple Glazed Chicken
Maple Glazed Chicken is a quick and easy entrée that's ready in less than 15 minutes. Thin sliced chicken breasts are pan fried and coated in a flavorful maple and garlic sauce.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise to about 1 inch thickness. Season all sides with salt and pepper.
In a saute pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add chicken breasts and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan.
Add remaining olive oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch, garlic, ground ginger, and water. Whisk until cornstarch has dissolved and ingredients are incorporated. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly.
Return chicken to pan and toss to coat in sauce. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- For this recipe, I recommend weighing your chicken, or using two large chicken breasts sliced in half to make four servings. Once sliced, your chicken should be about one inch (or slightly less) in thickness.
Lemon juice can be substituted with apple cider vinegar.
- This recipe makes just enough sauce to coat your chicken. If you'd like extra sauce to drizzle over vegetables, potatoes, or to use as a salad dressing, I recommend doubling the sauce ingredients.
Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 453mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg