Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese
Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese is a creamy, cheesy one pan meal that's ready in just 30 minutes. This cheesy dish is filled with macaroni, chicken, and classic Italian flavors like garlic, parmesan cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Resting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (optional, as a garnish)
Season cubed chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Once hot, add cubed chicken and saute on all sides until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
Add diced onions and sun-dried tomatoes to pan. Cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds. Add flour, stirring to coat. Cook another 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, milk, macaroni, and Italian seasoning to pan, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook according to macaroni package directions for al dente pasta (should be about 9 minutes).
Remove lid and add parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, heavy cream, as well as the cooked chicken back to the pan. Stir until cheese is melted.
Add spinach, stirring to incorporate, about one minute. Remove pan from heat and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Italian seasoning can be found in the spice aisle of your local grocery store, or you can make your own with my recipe here: https://thetoastykitchen.com/italian-seasoning/
- Other pastas can be used instead of macaroni - try penne, bow tie, or cavatappi.
Calories: 694kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 1332mg | Potassium: 1849mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2696IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 449mg | Iron: 5mg