Freezer Garlic Bread
Make your own freezer garlic bread today. Fresh French bread is thick-sliced and slathered in a cheesy garlic butter spread. Keeps in the freezer for six months.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Servings 20 slices
- 1 loaf french bread
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Line a baking sheet (that will fit into your freezer) with parchment paper. Set aside.
Slice a loaf of french bread into about 1 to 1 1/4 inch pieces and place in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
In a bowl, add softened butter, minced garlic, salt, parsley, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
Spread butter mixture evenly onto bread slices.
Place baking sheet into freezer for 1-2 hours or until bread is frozen solid. Transfer frozen bread into freezer safe bags or containers, or wrap in wax paper and foil.
To prepare: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place garlic bread slices onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown around edges and lightly browned on top. Serve immediately.
- Frozen garlic bread will keep in the freezer for up to six months, in a well sealed container.
- I recommend buying fresh bread the day you intend to prepare your garlic bread for best results.
- Using a serrated knife will help you slice your bread easily.
- Test to make sure your baking sheet fits into your freezer before you start. If needed, use a smaller baking sheet and layer a piece of wax paper or parchment paper between multiple layers of garlic bread.
Calories: 113kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.8mg