These thick and fluffy blueberry pancakes are sweet, soft, and filled with fresh blueberries. Made from scratch with easy to find ingredients, these will be the fluffiest blueberry pancakes you've ever had.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 6 pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to remove clumps.
Add egg, buttermilk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir until JUST combined. There will be lumps in the batter, this is what you want. Add blueberries last, stirring just until coated.
Let the finished batter sit for 5 minutes. During this time, heat up a skillet or griddle over medium-low heat and grease lightly with butter or cooking spray.
Measure about 1/3 cup of batter into your hot skillet for each pancake. Once you see bubbles across your pancake and the sides start to look dry, flip the pancake over (this will take around 2 minutes depending on the heat of your skillet). Cook the second side until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve pancakes with your favorite maple syrup, whipped cream, or fruit compote.
- Buttermilk substitute: In a 1 cup measuring cup, first add one tablespoon of vinegar (or lemon juice), then add enough milk to measure one cup. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- I find that my skillet heats up more and more as I make a batch of pancakes. So, I'd recommend lowering your heat to medium-low if you notice your pancakes browning too quickly.
- Using a measuring cup will ensure all of your pancakes turn out the same size. I like to use plain metal measuring cups in my kitchen because they're sturdy and will last forever.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.2mg