Enjoy that fresh summer corn with my quick and easy Corn Fritters recipe. Made with fresh corn, jalapenos, and a light batter, you'll be making these fried corn fritters on repeat.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
Servings 6 fritters
- 3 cups corn if using frozen, thaw first
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- vegetable oil for frying
In a bowl, add your corn and diced jalapenos. Then, add your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Add your wet ingredients: egg and milk, stirring until ingredients are fully incorporated.
In a skillet over medium heat, coat the bottom of the pan in vegetable oil.
Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup of batter into the pan. Gently flatten the batter and form into a circle.
Fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Optionally, serve with a dollop of sour cream or salsa on top.
- Try using a 1/2 measuring cup to measure your batter, this will ensure your fritters are equally sized.
- Since the batter is thick, you'll have to help form your fritters into little patties once they're in the pan.
- The most important part about making fritters is to not walk away - they will cook fast. Your fritters will only need about 2-3 minutes per side before needing a flip.
- If needed, add more oil to the pan before starting the next batch.
- If you notice your fritters browning fast, turn the heat down slightly. Every stove top is different, so adjust your temperature if needed.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.3mg