Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes
Made with ground beef, these sandwiches are filled with bell pepper, onion, and topped with melty cheese. Best of all, they're made in a single pan and ready in thirty minutes or less.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 slices white american or provolone cheese
- 4 rolls
Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Crumble ground beef and season with salt and pepper, then cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add butter to pan. Once melted, add onion and bell pepper and saute until vegetables brown and onions begin to turn translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, then return ground beef to pan. Add garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, and beef broth, scraping the bottom of the pan as you incorporate your ingredients.
Add cornstarch and stir until dissolved. This will thicken the beef broth and create a sauce. If beef looks dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Remove from heat. Top meat mixture with cheese slices and allow to set for 1-2 minutes, or until melted. Remove from heat, spoon onto rolls and serve immediately.
- Want to spice things up? Try adding a dash of hot sauce or cayenne pepper to your sloppy joes. Or, dice a jalapeno and add with your onions and bell pepper.
- If you'd like to add mushrooms, I suggest adding them in with the onions and bell peppers.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 1379mg | Potassium: 516mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 485IU | Vitamin C: 26.3mg | Calcium: 326mg | Iron: 4.2mg