Chicken Vegetable Soup
Chicken Vegetable Soup is a healthy and hearty soup - the perfect weeknight meal on a cold winter day. Filled with chicken, green beans, mushrooms, celery, and carrots.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 button mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces green beans ends trimmed, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, and onions to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to lightly brown and onions begin to turn translucent.
Add mushrooms and garlic, stirring to incorporate. Cook for 1 minute.
Add green beans, ground thyme, bay leaves, and chicken broth. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until green beans are tender.
Add chicken to pot, stirring to combine. Remove from heat, remove bay leaves from soup, and serve.
- Cooked rotisserie chicken can be substituted with cooked cubed chicken, or canned chicken instead.
- Fresh or frozen green beans can be used for this recipe. If using frozen green beans, add an additional minute to your cooking time.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 998mg | Potassium: 872mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 8060IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg