Slow Cooker Chili
Slow cooker chili is a hearty stew filled with ground beef, vegetables, beans, and spices in a tomato sauce. This beef chili recipe is hearty, filling, and an easy family favorite dinner. This recipe will make 4 hearty servings, or 6 average sized servings.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 hours
Total Time 5 hours 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 30 ounces canned kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Over medium heat, crumble ground beef into a hot saute pan and cook until browned.
Add cooked ground beef to your slow cooker. Add all of your remaining ingredients - onion, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, garlic, and spices. Stir to combine.
Cook on low heat for 8 to 9 hours, or on high for 5 hours. Stir sparingly (once during the last half of cooking will suffice).
Over medium heat, crumble ground beef into a stock pot and cook until browned.
Add all of your remaining ingredients - onion, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes, garlic, and spices. Stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 hours, stirring sparingly.
- Slow cooker chili leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Chili can be frozen for 3 months or more if stored in a well sealed container or freezer bag.
- If frozen, remove from the freezer the night before to thaw. Reheat in the microwave or over medium heat on the stove top.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, crumbled bacon, or fresh jalapenos.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 836mg | Potassium: 994mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1332IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 6mg