Best Ever Cheesesteak
A sandwich made with thinly sliced ribeye steak, sauteed vegetables and melted american cheese inside a toasted, buttery hoagie roll.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 2 sandwiches
- 2 hoagie rolls sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 3-4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound ribeye steaks thinly sliced against the grain
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white american cheese
Preheat skillet over medium heat. Butter insides of hoagie rolls with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place hoagie rolls face down (one at a time) onto skillet until lightly browned and toasty. Set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and melt. Add bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are lightly browned and onions turn translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet and melt. While butter is melting, salt and pepper your sliced ribeye steak. Add ribeye to skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add worchestershire sauce to skillet and stir to combine.
Reduce heat to low. Return veggies to skillet and stir to combine. Split your steak mixture in half on either side of the skillet. Lay two pieces of cheese onto each half and allow to melt, about 1 minute.
Spoon cheesesteak mixture into your hoagie rolls. Serve immediately.
- If you'd like to cook different veggies for each sandwich, simply cook each veggie separately in the second step, then divide your steak before adding your veggies in step four.
- If you're unsure how to slice your ribeye steaks, check out this video on how to thinly slice steak for some tips.
- For a more traditional cheesesteak, feel free to omit the bell peppers from this recipe.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 979kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 64g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 898mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1065IU | Vitamin C: 27.4mg | Calcium: 479mg | Iron: 15.4mg