Cinnamon Spice Rice Krispies Treats
Browned Butter Spiced Rice Krispies Treats are an easy no-bake recipe for fall. Just like a classic rice krispies treat, with the addition of browned butter and warm fall spices.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 24 squares
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir constantly. Butter will begin to foam and boil. After 4 to 5 minutes you will see brown flecks appear in the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until butter is golden and flecks are a medium brown color. Watch closely, butter will brown quickly. Process will take about 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove butter from heat and add marshmallows, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Stir until marshmallows are almost completely melted. Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir until evenly coated.
Using a spatula, press cereal mixture firmly into 9x13 pan. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Recipe can be made without browning the butter to save time. Simply melt your butter, then remove from heat and add your marshmallows as directed.
- Rice krispies treats will keep for up to four days in a tightly sealed container at room temperature. Treats are best enjoyed within the first 1-2 days of making.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 2mg