Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 21 minutes
Total Time 31 minutes
Servings 21 bites
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7 slices bacon
- 5 teaspoons honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe cooling rack on top. This helps drain and catch grease from your bites as they bake. Set aside.
Slice chicken into bite size cubes, about 1" in size. Slice bacon into thirds.
Add honey mustard down the middle of each bacon slice, then lay a chicken cube at one end of the bacon. Lightly season chicken with pepper, then wrap your chicken in the bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place bites onto prepared baking sheet with cooling rack.
Bake for about 17-18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (your bacon will not look crispy yet). I suggest testing with a meat thermometer, or finding your largest chicken bite and slicing open to ensure they are cooked through.
Turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until tops of bites are crispy and lightly browned.
Remove from oven and carefully turn each bite over. Return to the oven and broil for another 1-2 minutes, or until second side is lightly browned and crispy.
Remove from oven and serve warm. Optionally, serve with more honey mustard as a dipping sauce.
- Honey mustard can be substituted with yellow or dijon mustard, or omitted entirely.
- Broiling steps are based on how crunchy and cooked your bacon looks. If your bacon is already cooked through and crunchy, broiling step can be omitted.
- If you're concerned about toothpicks burning in the oven, soak them in water for 20 minutes before assembling your bites. The added moisture helps prevent the wood from burning in the oven.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg