Talk about the perfect summer combination – watermelon and lemonade. It’s easy to whip up with only 30 seconds in the blender. Make a double batch of my watermelon hard lemonade and fill a pitcher – you’ll want more than one!
Summer Happy Hour continues today with a new recipe for Watermelon Hard Lemonade. This drink is refreshing, light and sweet.
You’ll want to use a seedless watermelon for this recipe because you’ll be pureeing it in the blender. If you prefer, you’re welcome to buy a regular watermelon instead. Just spend a few minutes picking out the black seeds before blending.
I hope you try my Watermelon Hard Lemonade and enjoy it while relaxing by the pool, on your porch, or inside with the AC cranked up!
What is your favorite summer fruit?
Watermelon Hard Lemonade
- 4 cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice (the juice of 3-4 lemons)
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces vodka or rum
- 3-4 teaspoons simple syrup as desired
- Place the cubed watermelon and lemon juice into a blender. Puree until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Strain watermelon mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher or bowl. Add water and vodka, stir to combine.
- Taste mixture, then add simple syrup (optional) to taste. Depending on the sweetness of your watermelon, you may not need to add any simple syrup.
- Serve immediately over ice and enjoy.