This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Valentine’s Day Tiger Butter Candy is a fudgy and sweet peanut butter confection. You need only 3 ingredients to make this easy candy recipe with a heart shaped pattern on top.
Valentine’s Day Tiger Butter Candy is an easy and fun recipe to make for Valentine’s Day. Tiger butter traditionally calls for swirling the dark chocolate randomly throughout the peanut butter mixture to create a tiger stripe pattern. Hence, the name.
In my Valentine’s Day version, you simply dot the dark chocolate on top, then pull a toothpick through the dots to make a heart pattern. It’s so easy, and creates organic and whimsical heart shapes on your finished candy.
Tiger butter is a surprisingly simple recipe. You only need three ingredients: a bag of white chocolate chips, peanut butter, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. This recipe is made in an 8×8 pan, but if you’d like to make a double batch, a 9×13 pan will work perfectly.
To make my dots, I used a plastic bag with the tip cut off. If you have one, you could also use a decorating bottle. The bag or bottle will make it easier to make round dots, which will make nice perfect heart shapes.
If the chocolate is too hot and thin, you may have a harder time making perfect circles (I know from experience, oops!). That’s okay, because I think the patterns look fun with little flourishes and swirls.
If you want that perfect heart pattern, wait for the chocolate to cool for a minute before dotting your peanut butter mixture. You’ll have more control over your dots and have a better chance of creating nice, rounded hearts.
Valentine's Day Tiger Butter Candy
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted. Pour into 8x8 pan and spread into an even layer to the edges of the pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds, until chocolate is just melted. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly (if chocolate is hot to the touch).
- Transfer to a plastic bag (or a decorating bottle). Cut a small corner from the bag and dot your peanut butter mixture with the chocolate. Using a toothpick, drag from top to bottom through each row of chocolate dots, creating a heart pattern.
- Allow bars to set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to reach room temperature before cutting and serving.
Last Updated on