Tomato & Basil Chickpea with Feta salad is a quick, cold salad filled with flavorful ingredients. Chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, onions, and basil are mixed with a lightly seasoned olive oil dressing.
While a cold salad is perfect for a hot summer day, I can make this chickpea salad with feta year round. This salad comes together in just five minutes, with only a few simple ingredients.
Looking for more chickpea salads? Try my cold Greek Chickpea Salad. It’s refreshing and filled with fresh vegetables.
Fresh basil is one of my favorite ingredients for this salad. Fresh herbs provide much more flavor than dried herbs, so fresh basil is a must for this salad.
You can find fresh herbs in the produce department of your grocery store. Or, invest in a small herb garden and have fresh herbs anytime you need them.
Fresh basil can also be used in my Lentil and Basil Vegetable Soup – another light and healthy dish.
Chickpea salad with feta can be enjoyed on its own, or on top of a bed of lettuce. You could also enjoy this chickpea salad stuffed inside a pita pocket.
This salad will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. You can also make it ahead the day before serving, but is best when made fresh. This salad is perfect for your next picnic or barbecue, or as a quick weekday lunch.
Tomato & Basil Chickpea Salad with Feta
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 slices onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, add chickpeas, tomatoes, feta cheese, onion, and basil. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe will make 4 servings as a side dish, or 2-3 servings as an entree/lunch.