Chewy, no bake granola bars filled with freshly toasted coconut and almonds. The perfect snack or on-the-go breakfast.
Granola bars make an excellent snack and are quick and easy to make from scratch. These Toasted Coconut Almond Bars require no baking, except toasting the coconut flakes and almonds, which is a quick and easy way to amp up the flavor.
My No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars are another easy version of this no-bake recipe. Give them a try!
Since I made these bars, I’ve been eating them daily as an afternoon snack. They are seriously addictive and the balance of salty and sweet is just right. I sliced these bars into 9 big squares, but you can also cut them into 18 snack size bars instead.
In recent months, I have been adding coconut to everything. It’s especially amazing after giving it a quick toast in the oven.
Taking a few minutes to toast your coconut and almonds for this recipe is worth it! I promise. All of these flavors meld beautifully once the bars have time to set.
I like to store my Toasted Coconut Almond Bars in the refrigerator so that they keep their shape. Especially in the summer when it gets hot here in Georgia. At some point everything starts to melt.
They will last 2 to 3 weeks this way. The bars will keep at room temperature in a sealed container for one week. They also freeze well and will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Toasted Coconut Almond Bars
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup almonds chopped
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut flakes and chopped almonds in a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until coconut flakes are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup of quick cook oats into a food processor and pulse into a finely ground powder. In a large bowl, combine processed oats with remaining quick cook oats and cinnamon. When coconut flakes and almonds are toasted, add to bowl and stir to combine.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine almond butter, salt, and honey. Stir until ingredients are combined and just melted. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Press mixture into a parchment lined 9x9 baking pan, pressing down firmly into a flat layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Pull parchment paper to lift bars out of pan. Cut into squares or bars and store in a sealed container.