Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges are a healthy and flavorful side dish, perfect to pair with your favorite protein for dinner. Sweet potato wedges are tossed in olive oil, rosemary, and garlic, then roasted in the oven.
If you’re looking for more easy and healthy dinner recipes, you’re going to love my oven roasted sweet potato wedges. Not only is this side dish simple to make, it takes only 5 minutes before they’re in the oven!
Roasting vegetables is a great way to keep your meals healthy, as well as save time. With just a few minutes of prep, the rest of the work is done in the oven.
If you’re looking for more recipes like this, try my Oven Roasted Cajun Sweet Potato Wedges, which have an extra kick of heat. For a milder, family friendly flavor, try my Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes. These potatoes are simple and light, and pair well with just about any main dish.
Or, try this sweet version by Paula Deen: Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. A fantastic alternative to the traditional sweet potato casserole.
These sweet potato wedges are coated in a simple combination of herbs and spices. All you’ll need is some dried rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
You can also substitute rosemary and garlic with your favorite Italian seasoning blend, or make your own.
Roasting is a great way to cook vegetables without adding a ton of extra calories to your meal. The herbs and spices add all the flavor you’ll need.
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Next, gather your ingredients. You’ll need about 1 pound of sweet potatoes, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil. That’s it!
These potatoes are incredibly simple, but really pack some flavor.
Next, peel and slice your sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges. Try slicing each sweet potato in half, then slice each half into quarters. For large potatoes, you may need to slice them even smaller.
Then, toss them in a bowl with your olive oil and spices. Next, lay them out on your prepared baking sheet.
Now, it’s time to bake. Your sweet potato wedges will take about 30 minutes in the oven, turning once halfway through baking.
These potatoes turn out soft in the middle, with crispy edges. They are so flavorful and perfect for fall, but can easily be enjoyed year round.
Rosemary reminds me of fall and winter holiday flavors. I think this would make a fantastic healthy side dish for Thanksgiving for Christmas, don’t you think?
More Roasted Vegetables
If you’re loving these sweet potatoes, you may enjoy some of my other roasted vegetable recipes.
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and peel sweet potatoes. Slice in half lengthwise, then slice each half into about 4 long wedges.
- In a bowl, add sweet potato wedges, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, then toss potatoes to coat.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are evenly browned. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Try slicing each sweet potato in half, then slice each half into quarters. For large potatoes, you may need to slice them even smaller.
- Rosemary and garlic can be substituted with Italian seasoning instead.