This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Today I am sharing with you my recipe for Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Pasta Salad. This salad is filled with roasted corn and red peppers, along with red onions, feta cheese, and pasta. Coated in an oil and vinegar dressing, this salad is light and refreshing for summer.
We’re in the midst of summer here in Georgia, and that means barbecues, picnics, and outdoor meals. What better to accompany your main dish of choice than a cool and refreshing pasta salad!
Roasting the corn and cutting it off the cob makes for a beautiful presentation and flavor in this dish. You’d think it would be time consuming, but it’s actually very easy to roast the corn and pepper in the oven – together – in 30 minutes.
During that time, you can prepare the rest of your pasta salad. Boil the pasta, dice your onion, chop up your parsley, and even mix your dressing.
You’ll love the dressing that goes with this salad because it’s simple and light. I deliberately kept the ingredients minimal. There is a lot of flavor packed into the main ingredients like the red pepper, onion, and feta cheese, so a simple dressing pairs well.
For this recipe I decided to use a small pasta, also known as a salad pasta. If you want to get a little bite of everything on your fork, this is the way to go.
The pasta I used here is Ditalini, which means “small thimbles” in Italian. Isn’t that cute! Small shells or elbow macaroni would also work well.
Love pasta? Check out my Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese, it’s made from scratch and has the most rich and creamy cheese sauce.
Roasted Corn and Red Pepper Pasta Salad
- 3-4 ears corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup salad pasta uncooked, any variety
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is room temperature. Place pasta in a large bowl and set aside.
- On a baking sheet, place corn (husks on) and pepper into preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- If needed, turn on broiler and leave the pepper in the oven for another 3-4 minutes to blacken skin. Turn as needed so all sides are evenly roasted. Remove pepper from oven to cool.
- Remove husks and silk from ears of corn. Cut corn off cob and measure out two cups of kernels. Remove skin, stem, and seeds from red pepper. Dice and add to pasta bowl along with corn, feta cheese, red onion, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Add to pasta mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Last Updated on