Vegetables have never been as easy or as flavorful as my Roasted Broccoli and Red Peppers with Almonds. Broccoli and red bell peppers are seasoned and sprinkled with sliced almonds, then topped with a quick squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Serve alongside your favorite protein for a complete dinner.
Roasted Broccoli and Red Peppers with Almonds may look fancy. But in reality, it’s a simple and easy side dish that can be made any night of the week. Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite preparations for a quick weeknight meal. All you need is less than 5 minutes of prep, then the rest of the work is done in the oven.
Plus, roasting will slightly caramelize the veggies and add an extra layer of flavor that can’t be beat. If you have a picky eater, try roasting your veggies. They may prefer this preparation to steaming or sauteeing.
I like to squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice on before serving, it adds a bit of tang and brightness to the caramelized veggies.
Roasted Broccoli and Red Peppers with Almonds
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add broccoli florets and bell pepper. top with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Spread into a single layer on your baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir vegetables, then sprinkle with sliced almonds. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown on edges. Remove pan from oven.
- Gently squeeze lemon over roasted vegetables. Serve immediately.