This Pumpkin Pecan Quick Bread is moist, crumbly, and filled with fall flavor. All you need are two bowls and a loaf pan to make this easy pumpkin bread filled with chopped pecans.
Fall is just around the corner in the US, which means pumpkin is back. Pumpkin flavored everything will soon be advertised across every type of media you can find.
For me, there’s nothing better than a freshly baked slice of homemade pumpkin pecan quick bread. The pumpkin coffees and pumpkin oreo cookies (is this a thing?) can’t compare to fresh baked bread in your own kitchen.
I also have a fantastic recipe for Soft Pumpkin Sugar Cookies. These cookies are truly amazing – some of the softest, moistest cookies I’ve ever made.
I love a good quick bread recipe. Quick bread is easy to make even if you’re not an experienced baker. The most important thing to remember is that measuring exactly according to the directions is key.
After that, it’s just mixing your dry ingredients in one bowl, your wet ingredients in another bowl, then combining them. Pour your batter into a loaf pan, bake, and enjoy!
I wrote this recipe to make a single loaf of quick bread. However, many pumpkin bread recipes make two loaves because it uses exactly one can of pumpkin puree.
If you would like to use an entire can of pumpkin puree at once, simple double the recipe and make two loaves of bread.
Quick bread makes an excellent gift. You can find disposable loaf pans at the grocery store that are great for giving. Quick bread also freezes beautifully, so you could make two loaves now, and freeze one for later.
Pumpkin Pecan Quick Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper (or grease and flour bottom and sides) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients: pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk (or sift) together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Make a well in the middle and pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Cover loaf pan lightly with foil (remove foil halfway through baking. This ensures that the top of your bread doesn't burn.) Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.