Today I’d like to share with you my recipe for No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars. These bars are chewy, salty and sweet, and most of all – easy!
I get it, it’s summer. You don’t want to turn on the oven if at all possible! I’m right there with you. This is one of my favorite recipes for when I need a quick snack. One batch lasts all week and only takes 10 minutes to make. Plus, no oven needed.
Thinking of all of the kids and teachers heading back to school, these bars are wonderful time savers. They make a quick breakfast, or double as an afternoon pick-me-up snack.
You can portion these out into baggies (I love my reusable baggies for snacks like these) so they are easy to grab and go!
You will love these granola bars because they are easy and require only a few simple ingredients. Plus, peanut butter and chocolate are the best combination ever.
These bars are easily customized if you’d like to use a different nut butter or mix ins. You can even make them healthier by adding flax seeds, chia seeds, or maybe protein powder. What combination do you want to try?
No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 3 cups quick cook oats
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a square 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. (or use an 8x8 pan for a thicker bar.)
- Place 1 cup of quick cook oats into a food processor and pulse into a finely ground powder. In a large bowl, combine processed oats with remaining quick cook oats and chopped peanuts.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine peanut butter, honey, and salt. Stir until ingredients are combined and just melted. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated. Add chocolate chips at the end and stir to combine. Press mixture into your parchment lined pan, pressing down firmly into a flat layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set. Pull parchment paper to lift bars out of pan. Cut into squares or bars and store in a sealed container.