This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m all about quick and easy snacks – especially when I can make them in bulk once a week. They help curb hunger during that midday lull between lunch and dinner. How about a snack that’s also great pre- or post-workout? Maple Pecan Protein Snack Bites are the answer.
These little guys pack so much flavor. With a hint of warm cinnamon and sweetness from the maple syrup, they also keep your sweet tooth happy.
Protein bites are easy to customize with your favorite flavors. If you like peanut butter, try swapping out the almond butter and adding chocolate chips instead of pecans.
I entered my ingredients into MyFitnessPal.com. The calories and macros per bite (when making 16) were as follows:
If you’re having trouble getting your protein bites to form into balls, try adding a bit more almond butter. The mixture will be crumbly, but will hold its shape when pressed together.
I like using this OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop (affiliate link*) to perfectly portion my dough into balls. If you don’t have one, feel free to form them by hand.
Maple Pecan Protein Snack Bites
- 1 1/2 cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond butter or your favorite nut/seed butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine oats, protein powder, pecans, flaxseed, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add almond butter and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir to combine. This will help to thin your wet ingredients, making them easier to combine with the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Mixture will be crumbly (you may need to use your hands).
- Using a 2 tablespoon scoop, press mixture into 16 balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors and ingredients to meld. Enjoy.
Last Updated on