Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese is a light, vegetarian salad that’s tossed together in minutes. Filled with lentils, red onions, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and romaine lettuce, topped with a tangy lemon dijon vinaigrette.
This lentil salad with feta cheese is a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for lunch – whether enjoyed at home or packed to go.
Lentils, cherry tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, and romaine lettuce are topped with a flavorful lemon dijon vinaigrette dressing. This salad is not lacking flavor!
Lentils are high in fiber, which means this salad will keep you full until dinner time. Plus, this light and refreshing salad is filled with healthy ingredients that won’t weigh you down after lunch is over.
Looking for more cold vegetarian lunch salads? Try a few of my other recipes:
How to Make Lentil Salad with Feta
First, prepare your lentils. If buying dried lentils, cook enough to make about 3 cups of cooked lentils. This should be about 1 heaping cup of dried lentils. One cup of dried lentils yields about 2 1/2 cups of cooked lentils.
Gather your ingredients. You’ll need feta cheese, a lemon (or lemon juice), salt and pepper, dijon mustard, garlic cloves, olive oil, fresh parsley, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cooked lentils.
Next, add your lentils, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and parsley to a bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine your vinaigrette ingredients: olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, pepper,and minced garlic.
Then, drizzle your dressing over your salad ingredients and toss to coat.
Your lentil salad can be enjoyed as is, or served over a bed of romaine lettuce. I like to add some crunch with a head of romaine, but the salad is also good alone.
Or, try mixing things up by adding your lentil salad to a pita or wrap! Not only can you enjoy this as a salad, but you can use it as a sandwich filling as well.
Lentil Salad with Feta Cheese
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese cubed or crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- In a large bowl, add lentils, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add your dressing ingredients: lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over your salad ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve over chopped romaine lettuce and enjoy.
- Lentil salad will keep for 3 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Dressing ingredients can be substituted with your favorite vinaigrette salad dressing instead.