You’ll love this Greek Chickpea Salad, it’s packed with fresh and healthy ingredients and filled with flavor. Served cold, this salad is perfect for lunch, as a side dish, or for your next potluck.
You’re going to love this Greek Chickpea Salad because it’s quick and easy, and is filled with fresh summer ingredients. There’s nothing better than a light and healthy cold salad on a hot summer day.
The best part about this recipe is that there’s no cooking involved. Just toss your ingredients together and add your dressing.
The ingredients in this Greek salad are easy to find and filled with flavor. Cucumber adds a refreshing and bright flavor. I used a yellow bell pepper for a variety of color, but you’re welcome to use any color you have on hand.
Feta cheese and olives add salty flavor, and red onions provide flavor and crunch.
I love to make this Greek chickpea salad for lunch. It’s light and flavorful, and can be taken on the go since it’s served cold. It’s also a great recipe to meal prep, because it can be made the night before.
I’ve eaten this salad 2 to 3 days later, so it’s easy to prepare for several days at a time.If eaten alone, this salad will make about 4 servings. As a side dish, about 6 servings.
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine rinsed chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, olives, parsley, and feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine. Pour over chickpea mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, wait to add dressing until just before serving. Best enjoyed within 2-3 days. Refrigerate any leftovers.