You’ll love this Greek Chickpea Salad, it’s packed with fresh and healthy ingredients and filled with flavor. Served cold, this salad is perfect for lunch, as a side dish, or for your next potluck.
You’re going to love this Greek Chickpea Salad because it’s quick and easy, and is filled with fresh summer ingredients. There’s nothing better than a light and healthy cold salad on a hot summer day.
The best part about this recipe is that there’s no cooking involved. Just toss your ingredients together and add your dressing.
Cucumber adds a refreshing and bright flavor, and pairs well with the homemade lemon juice dressing.
Feta cheese and olives add salty flavor, and red onions provide flavor and crunch. Plus, this salad is easy to customize with your favorite fresh vegetables!
How to Make Greek Chickpea Salad
It’s as easy as mixing your favorite fresh ingredients together in a few bowls. First, gather your ingredients.
To make your greek chickpea salad, you’ll need feta cheese, grape or cherry tomatoes, red onion, a lemon (or lemon juice), chickpeas, kalamata olives, bell pepper, olive oil, cucumbers, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chopped parsley.
When using canned chickpeas, be sure to drain and rinse them, then pat dry before adding to your salad.
In a large bowl, add your chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, and parsley.
In a small bowl, combine your lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat.
Can Greek Chickpea Salad be made ahead?
If you’re making this for a picnic or party, you may be wondering – can I make this chickpea salad ahead? Yes, you can! However, you’ll want to keep in mind a few things.
When making this salad ahead of time, it’s best to keep the salad and dressing separate until shortly before serving. Once the dressing is added to the salad, your vegetables will start to break down and get soggy.
Of course, your sliced vegetables will do this over time anyway in a few days. However, salad dressing always seems to speed up that process.
I’d suggest making this salad the morning before a party, or the night before if needed. And, make your salad dressing but keep it in a separate container until you’re ready to plate and serve your salad.
Give it a quick toss, and it’s ready to go.
More Cold Salad Recipes
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Shepherd’s Salad (Choban Salad)
- Tomato & Basil Chickpea Salad with Feta
- Classic Pasta Salad (for a crowd) – great for picnics!
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Southern Macaroni Salad
- Dill Potato Salad
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine rinsed chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, olives, parsley, and feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine. Pour over chickpea mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, wait to add dressing until just before serving. Best enjoyed within 2-3 days. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- This recipe makes four entree/lunch size portions, or six side dish portions.