Cinnamon Sugar Salted Caramel Pretzels are an easy, crowd-pleasing snack for parties and holidays. Salty pretzels are coated in cinnamon sugar and drizzled in melted caramel baking chips.
These easy cinnamon sugar salted caramel pretzels are the perfect sweet snack to put out for parties, or for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Tiny pretzels are coated in a cinnamon sugar mixture and then drizzled in melted caramel baking chips. Crunchy, sweet, and salty – the perfect combination.
And if you can’t find caramel baking chips, white chocolate chips will also do the trick.
What type of pretzels to use
What type of pretzels work best for this recipe? I like using the waffle shaped pretzels because they seem to catch more of the cinnamon sugar mixture. However, any small pretzel shape will work well, like the classic twists.
Caramel baking chips
If you haven’t seen caramel baking chips before, I found them in the baking section of my grocery store next to the chocolate chips. If you can’t find them near you, white chocolate chips are also a great choice.
I like using a small plastic bag for my caramel drizzle because it coats your pretzels more evenly. You’ll also have more control over where your drizzle is going.
You may also want to spread your pretzels out onto two baking sheets so that you coat every pretzel with a little bit of caramel drizzle.
Give as a gift
These pretzel treats also make a fantastic party favor or gift.
Separate a batch of pretzels into small cello bags, then decorate with ribbons and gift tags. Pass them out to coworkers, or give as a party favor.
You can also package a batch of pretzels in a fancy holiday tin to give as a gift.
Cinnamon Sugar Salted Caramel Pretzels
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 ounces small pretzels
- 1 cup caramel baking chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (or two depending on the size of your sheets) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add vegetable oil, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to fully combine. Add pretzels and toss to coat. Pour coated pretzels out onto baking sheet(s) and spread into a thin layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add caramel baking chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave for additional 30 second increments until chips are melted and smooth.
- Pour melted caramel chips into a plastic bag, cut the tip, and drizzle evenly over pretzels. Alternately, drizzle over pretzels using a spoon.
- Allow pretzels to fully set at room temperature, or place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to speed up drying process. Store in a sealed container until ready to serve.
- Caramel baking chips can be found with near the chocolate chips in the baking section of the grocery store. Caramel baking chips can be substituted with milk chocolate or white chocolate chips instead.
- Stored in a sealed container, pretzels will stay fresh for up to a week.
More pretzel recipes
- Chocolate Pretzel Clusters
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Magic Wand Pretzels
- Peanut Butter Pretzel White Chocolate Bark
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies