This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Sugar Salted Caramel Pretzels are a quick and easy crowd-pleaser, especially for the upcoming holidays. Classic cinnamon flavor is paired with salty pretzels, which makes them an addictive treat. I like to coat mine in melted caramel baking chips. The caramel adds an extra layer of fall flavor. In just 30 minutes you can have a big bowl of these delicious pretzels ready for your next get together.
If you haven’t seen these caramel baking chips (affiliate link*) before, I found them in the baking section of my grocery store next to the chocolate chips. If you can’t find them near you, white chocolate chips are also a great choice.
I have a few tips for greater success with this recipe. The square ‘window’ pretzels (that’s what I call them anyway!) are my favorite for this recipe because they seem to catch more of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Also, I like using a small plastic bag for my caramel drizzle because it coats your pretzels more evenly. You’ll also have more control over where your drizzle is going. You may also want to spread your pretzels out onto two baking sheets so that you coat every pretzel with a little bit of caramel drizzle.
These pretzel treats also make a fantastic favor or gift. Separate a batch into small cello bags with ribbon and a tag to hand out to coworkers. Or, package in a fancy holiday container to give as a gift.
Cinnamon Sugar Salted Caramel Pretzels
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 ounces pretzels
- 1 cup caramel baking chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet (or two depending on the size of your sheets) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add vegetable oil, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to fully combine. Add pretzels and toss to coat. Pour coated pretzels out onto baking sheet(s) and spread into a thin layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add caramel baking chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for additional 30 second increments until chips are melted and smooth.
- Pour melted caramel chips into a plastic bag, cut the tip, and drizzle evenly over pretzels. Alternately, drizzle over pretzels using a spoon.
- Allow caramel drizzle to fully set on the counter top, or place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Store in a sealed container until ready to serve.