Browned Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a quick, easy, and healthy side dish for your next dinner. Brussels sprouts are coated in a flavorful browned butter and roasted in the oven.
Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite winter vegetables. They’re easy to prepare and roast beautifully in the oven. You’re going to love this recipe for browned butter roasted brussels sprouts because they’re quick, easy, and so flavorful.
Roasting is my favorite preparation for brussels sprouts. Try my Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, another quick and easy recipe.
In fact, I love roasting all sorts of vegetables. It takes very little preparation, and the end result is always stunning and healthy.
Check out my other roasted vegetable recipes – Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes, Oven Roasted Cajun Sweet Potato Wedges, and Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Seasoned Butter. If you’re looking for quick and easy vegetable recipes, the oven is your friend!
Never browned butter before? You’re in for a treat. Browning butter simply involves heating butter in a saucepan over medium heat. After a few minutes, you will begin to see small flecks of brown in the bottom of your pan.
Continue stirring until the butter has turned a golden brown color, which happens quickly. The entire process only takes about five minutes. Browning butter adds an extra depth of flavor to your dish – a caramelized, rich flavor that can’t be beat.
Browned Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir constantly. Butter will begin to foam and boil. After 4 to 5 minutes you will see brown flecks appear in the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until butter is golden and flecks are a medium brown color. Watch closely, butter will brown quickly. Process will take about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat
- In a large bowl, add brussels sprouts, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour browned butter over brussels sprouts. Toss to coat.
- Roast brussels sprouts in the oven for 18-22 minutes, or until brussels sprouts are evenly browned. Flip halfway through with a spatula to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.