30 Minute Lemon Sweet Rolls are a quick and easy breakfast or dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth. Filled with fresh lemon zest, these flaky and tart rolls have a light citrus flavor that’s perfect for summer.
Looking for an easy and fun recipe for your next breakfast? Try my 30 Minute Lemon Sweet Rolls. How do these sweet rolls come together so quickly? Puff pastry is the secret weapon. I promise, this recipe is so easy, you’ll be making these on repeat all summer long.
Since I’ve discovered the power of puff pastry, I always have a box on hand in the freezer. A sheet thaws in 30-40 minutes sitting on the counter. That’s just enough time to preheat the oven and drink a cup of coffee. Puff pastry is perfect for breakfast pastries, as well as savory appetizers. Try my Pizza Puff Pastry Tarts – yum!
After making my Quick 30 Minute Cinnamon Rolls, I knew I had to experiment with more flavors. What’s next? Lemon! These citrus-y and sweet pastries are perfect for spring and summer. Plus, it’s an easy recipe if the kids like helping you in the kitchen. All you’ll need is a sheet of puff pastry, a lemon, some granulated sugar, and confectioner’s sugar. That’s it!
While sweet rolls are a classic breakfast pastry, they also make a fun after-dinner dessert. The best part about using puff pastry is that it’s not as heavy as a traditional dough. You’re not left with that full feeling after a single sweet roll.
Entertaining a crowd? It’s easy to double or triple this recipe.
30 Minute Lemon Sweet Rolls
- 1 sheet puff pastry sheet thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a round baking pan with parchment paper, or lightly grease, and set aside.
- Roll puff pastry sheet lightly with a rolling pin to remove creases. Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter over the entire surface.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over dough. Zest lemon over dough (or zest into a bowl and sprinkle evenly over dough).
- Starting at one end, roll dough into a log. Slice log into six even pieces and place into baking pan.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, combine confectioner's sugar and 2 teaspoons of juice from lemon. Stir until mixture is fully combined. If too thick, add more lemon juice a 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Drizzle over warm cinnamon rolls and serve immediately.